Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

4th Race for the Month - Tri United Long Distance Triathlon.

Getting ready to do the Tri United Long Distance Triathlon at Laiya, San Juan, Batangas tomorrow. This is a 2k swim, 60k bike and 15k run. The perfect diagnostic race and a good build up for the coming Ironman 70.3 Cebu in August. Over 400 athletes are registered or a 100%++ increase over last year's numbers. Undisputable proof that the sport of tri is indeed growing rapidly.

Last Year's Swim Start for the Tri United

I plan to race conservatively and just do the course as a work out. I am still feeling tired from the 3 races I did every weekend of June.

Race No. 1 - Animo Sprint Tri - June 10th

My first race for the month was the Animo Sprint Triathlon last June 10th. It took me 1:51 hours to finish the 900m swim, 31k bike and 7.5k run. My efforts landed me on the top spot of the Podium in my age group plus bonus podium time for being third in the De La Salle Division as well as the Ayala Alabang residents division.


Top Post in the Podium for my age group.

I took podium via a hardcore run.
Race No. 2 - Run United 2 - 21k - June 17th 

We then did the Run United 21k last June 17th. This was a 4:30am gun start race that starts in the Fort Bonifacio Global City and finishes at the Mall of Asia grounds. No tapering since our main race was really more the coming 5i50 in Subic and, of course the 70.3 in Cebu. Matters were made worst by the fact that I only got 2 hours sleep as I was working on a blog in time for Father's Day the night before the race.

I still clocked a decent 1:44 hours for the distance and placed 88th overall out of over 5,000++ runners.
Race No. 3 - Century Tuna 5i50 Triathlon - June 24th

Who could resist competing in the very well organized and exciting inaugural run of the Century Tuna 5i50 Tri. Besides, our company and our flagship brand was the major sponsor :). This was in Subic, the perfect place to stage a difficult yet fun tri. I clocked 2:59 hours. No podium finish for me this time.

Best Bike Course for a Tri - the Century Tuna 5i50

Again, I ask you guys - "wish me luck".

It's Warrior Time once more.


1 comment: