Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Seize the Day!


Despite biking 102km yesterday morning and doing a 5k easy run last night, I woke up with a ton of energy this morning driven mostly by excitement about the new work week! And, of course - excited to train.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling physically tired. My legs were heavy and bit sore. And my body feeling generally fatigued. But the motivation I got from our team coach, George Vilog (erstwhile Philippine Team Coach, five time National Triathlon Champion and Southeast Asian Games Medalist) about the training program of the week and many exciting challenges and tasks at work practically powered me out of bed early this morning. I was raring to go! I set my clock for 4:45am but was awake as early as 4:30!

Coach Vilog required me to do a minimum of 10k run but I ended up running 14k at a good pace. The summer heat is starting to ease these days and this morning's weather was totally condusive for doing a long run. Cool summer mornings lately - bright, breezy and a bit chilly. The run was not a chore at all.

I was at my first meeting by 8am sipping a perfectly brewed "short, non-fat, no whip Mocha" from Starbucks. It was a series of high impact meetings for the rest of the day and I was hardly at my desk. But it was all GOOD. It's inspiring to be working alongside really good people. Picking up some "learning" from running and tri, I notice that working with high quality people forces me to keep pace with their level of excellence. And the guys here at Century Canning Corporation are topnotch!

Today's effort was about driving efficiency across our company's sales and supply chain. You'd be amazed at how much profit improvement you can get just by painstakingly drilling down on the details of one's business. Today was a good day in the "profit improvement" front.

Maybe the positive vibe about the day drew even more good luck as I bumped into my good friend and Idol, Boss Vic del Rosario of Viva during the short lunch break. Ever the businessman, Boss Vic ribbed me about signing up more Viva talents as endorsers for Century Canning Corporation.

An interesting conversation with Boss Vic was on how Viva can progress the careers of the newly crowned Century Superbods. Nag-level up na talaga ang Superbods!

A sense of mission can really help one power through the day. It's just a matter of finding purpose and meaning for each day.

Today was good. I seized the day.
  


The photo shows the powerhouse marketing team of Century Canning Corporation along with Century Healthylicious Hotdog endorser, Aljur Abrenica and Radio Celebrity DJ Tony Tony of Boys Night Out (DWTM Magic 89.9FM) during the recent staging of the Century Superbods finals in Boracay.

1 comment:

  1. Well written, Greg. More power to you. You are blessed and I pray that you continue to be a positive influence and inspiration to others.

    ReplyDelete